Welcome to the Costa Rican Eco-Lodge
- Arrive at Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) before 1:00 PM.
- Your Trip Leader will pick you up from the airport and we’ll head to the rainforest! (~3.5 hour drive)
- If you are prone to motion sickness we suggest taking any medication before the drive. It’s a beautiful and winding drive through the mountains of Costa Rica.
- Stop for souvenirs and snacks in Los Angeles Cloud Forest as you marble at all the green and lush mountains around you.
- Visit La Casona, a former president's house, for a cultural activity where you'll learn about sugarcane, medicinal plants, coffee, homemade tortillas and a delicious dinner.
- Settle into your amazing rooms surrounded by nature and get to know your new friends as you enjoy your first delicious dinner at the eco-lodge.
Eco-Lodge Tour & Adventure
- Enjoy your first amazing breakfast at the eco-lodge where fresh coffee, organic vegetables and homemade breads await.
- After breakfast you can hike around the Ranch or fly through the tree tops at one of the World’s best Zip-Lining tours in Costa Rica (zip-lining is optional and not included).
- After a nice morning walking around the property, enjoy a tasty lunch at the eco-lodge made with the vegetables grown on the farm.
- Explore the grounds on a tour of the eco-lodge, learn all about the organic farm and the use of sustainable sources of energy and good ecological practices while taking in the great views of the surrounding mountains.
- Enjoy another wonderful dinner at the eco-lodge while listening to the sounds of nature at night.
- Take the evening to get to know your new friends while enjoying a nice tropical drink under the stars.
- Start the day with new energy provided by the lush forests of Costa Rica and enjoy another tasty breakfast at the eco-lodge.
- Depart to La Fortuna to enjoy more outdoor activities. "La Fortuna" is Spanish for "The Fortune" and was named for the towns fertile lands.
- Explore Arenal lake on a pedal board and visit the local waterfall in the middle of the rainforest, a local spot where you can freshen up into a natural pool.
- Get a local and delicious lunch called a “casado” while you are exploring La Fortuna and freshen up with a delicious fruit ice cream.
- Spend your last afternoon soaking up the local hot springs, warmed naturally at Termalitas del Volcan and let your muscles relax after a few days filled with incredible adventures (optional activity).
- After a full day of activities, enjoy another wonderful dinner at the eco-lodge and get ready for another day of adventures out in the wild.
- Enjoy the hammock in your bungalow and rest while taking in the surrounding landscape.
- Another delightful breakfast at the eco-lodge. Get the feel for the true Costa Rican morning flavors with a nice coffee and a plate of tropical fruits.
- Spend the morning hiking various trails on the property or choose from the following optional adventures: white water rafting, kayaking Arenal Lake or enjoy a relaxing yet adventurous horseback riding tour around the lush farmlands.
- After lunch, opt for a hike to the Arenal Observatory in search for monkeys, toucans and other wild animals (optional activity) or relax at the hotel.
- Tonight you’ll enjoy the closing dinner at the eco-lodge with your new friends where you will all share your best moments of the adventure you just had.
- Optional night out in La Fortuna to finish your amazing trip on a high note, full of latin music and cocktails (transportation not included).
Relaxation & Departure
- One more amazing, yet quick breakfast at the eco-lodge before you head back the same road you came from but being a totally new person. Don’t forget your motion sickness medication if needed.
- Depart at 7:15 am for Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) (~3 hour drive)
- Be sure your flight back home departs after 1:30 pm.
- We look forward to welcoming you into our close-knit travel community.