The Millennial’s Guide to Business Travel: Lessons from the Next Generation of Road Warriors w/ Michael Puldy
Millennial Travel Podcast 10: Millennial Travel Tips, Earning Credit Card Rewards Points, & Life as an Expat in Singapore
Today's episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast interviews Michael Puldy, the author of The Millennial’s Guide to Business Travel: Lessons from the Next Generation of Road Warriors.
He has an incredibly impressive resume of travel, including visiting all 50 states, 50 countries, has flown 3 million air miles, and is a member of the Circumnavigators Club.
Michael knows his stuff when it comes to frequent flier miles and credit card rewards points. He has achieved status as a 1K Elite Member on United flying over 1.3 million miles, 700K on Delta, & 500K on American. He is a Diamond VIP at Hilton, achieved Platinum status at Hyatt, and Gold at Marriott and Sheraton. Michael isn’t just a travel hacker, he is winning at the gamification of travel legitimately!
In this episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast I ask Michael:
- Why he decided to write a book on travel for millennials.
- What traveling in the 60s and 70s was like.
- How people can optimize their travels
- What the best type of luggage is for business travelers.
- Is TSA pre-check and Global Entry worth it?
- What is the best way to avoid delays and build contingency plans when traveling?
- The important difference between Uber Black and Uber X and why it matters.
- Tips for working out on the road.
- Why Michael brings his own tea bags and other health tips while traveling.
- How to avoid crappy food in airports and hotels.
- How to add on leisure travel when you are traveling for business.
- Michael’s experience living in Singapore as an expat.
In The Millennial Travel Podcast rapid fire section I ask Michael:
- If he could base himself anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be?: Singapore
- Favorite airport in the world?: Denver
- An app he can’t travel without?: Local eats, rental car apps, weather apps, and hotel apps, Weather.com
- Media he’d recommend traveling with?: His 150GB library on Apple Music, Emerson Lake & Palmer
- One piece of travel gear he couldn’t travel without?: Tumi briefcase
- The Millennial’s Guide to Business Travel: Lessons from the Next Generation of Road Warriors by Michael Puldy
- Puldy.com Michael’s homepage with travel photos and stories
- Michael on Instagram
You can find all the links and past show notes on millennialtravelpodcast.com
Direct support for The Millennial Travel Podcast comes from The Millennial Travel Guidebook: Escape More, Spend Less, & Make Travel a Priority in Your Life
... and from our new USA hiking and camping trips at Under30Experiences!