Finding a Romantic Partner Who Loves to Travel with Travel Bloggers Craig & Linda Martin of The Indie Travel Podcast
Millennial Travel Podcast 9: Getting sponsored, making money, & finding a travel partner as a travel blogger + airplane travel and packing tips
From New Zealand, Craig and Linda Martin are the power couple behind Indie Travel Podcast and Indie Travel Media Ltd, their online publishing business. Professionally homeless, they have been traveling around the world non-stop since February, 2006.
Craig Martin was the president of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association, and they are the couple behind one of the Indie Travel Podcast, rated as the top travel podcast by Lonely Planet.
Discussed in this episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast:
- What being a professional travel blogger is like.
- The story of how Craig and Linda Martin became travel bloggers
- How Craig & Linda Martin earn money as travel bloggers
- How the Indie Travel Podcast found sponsors and a business model
- How Craig grew his web development and design business as a digital nomad
- How Craig & Linda decide where to travel as a couple
- Tips on finding a romantic partner who loves to travel
- Why they love hiking El Camino de Santiago
- How to get started in full time travel
In the rapid fire round I ask this travel couple for:
- Go carry on only
- Always bring an empty water bottle to fill before the flight
2. Packing tips:
- Packing cubes
- Tips for long travel days
- Always have snacks for traveling
- Noise cancelling headphones
3. What to do if you are sick while traveling abroad
- Have a great partner to look after you!
- Don’t feel bad; just relax and listen to your body
- Craig & Linda Martin’s Indie Travel Media
- Craig & Linda on Twitter
- Craig & Linda on Facebook
- Craig & Linda on Instagram
- The Indie Travel Podcast on Apple Podcasts
You can find all the links and show notes on millennialtravelpodcast.com
Direct support for The Millennial Travel Podcast comes from The Millennial Travel Guidebook: Escape More, Spend Less, & Make Travel a Priority in Your Life
... and from our new USA hiking and camping trips at Under30Experiences!