Travel with Meaning with Mike Schibel of the Travel with Meaning Podcast
Mike Schibel was born and raised in Pacific Palisades, California, and was exposed to stunning travel destinations from my crib! When he was five, his Grandparents gushed about a recent trip to Egypt and after seeing those Pyramids, he knew he had to travel!
As a Junior at the University of Arizona, Mike was ready for something new. He spent a semester abroad in London, exploring Europe, Scandinavia, and North Africa. Mike stepped way outside his comfort zone and tried new things.
All roads led back to LA and the Entertainment industry post-college. For a decade, he rose the ranks as an agent and talent manager. Which of course led to the search for a deeper meaning in his life.
In 2010 Schibel bought a one-way ticket to Australia. Without a plan, he spent a year on the road, meeting interesting people, seeing incredible places, and having memorable inspiring conversations.
Mike’s passion for traveling, storytelling, and community building led me to launch, “Travel With Meaning” in 2017. He created “Travel Talk Live” to bring travelers together to recreate the feelings he experienced on the road, build an authentic community to inspire and encourage others to travel.
In the Spring of 2019, Mike launched the “Travel With Meaning” Podcast to continue to grow our community.
In this episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast I discuss with Mike Schibel:
- How did Mike get started with travel?
- Has Mike ever tried to make others happy in other to find his own fulfillment?
- Tell us about his experience at Cafe Gratitude in San Francisco.
- How does Mike try to work gratitude into his life?
- How can we be more “pura vida” in our life and live a more grateful life?
- How can we be as present at home as we when we are traveling?
- How did Mike start the Travel with Meaning Podcast?
The Millennial Travel Podcast Rapid Fire Questions I ask Mike Schibel:
- If Mike could go anywhere for a life-changing retreat where would it be?
- If he could have one person on the Travel with Meaning podcast who would it be?
- Mike’s top place to have a meaningful conversation
- The country that has made the most impact on Mike
Resources from Mike Schibel:
You can find all the links and past show notes on millennialtravelpodcast.com
Direct support for The Millennial Travel Podcast comes from The Millennial Travel Guidebook: Escape More, Spend Less, & Make Travel a Priority in Your Life.
Looking for more great content? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Solo Travel.