Lima, Peru [2019 Trips Only]
- Arrive at Jorge Chavez International Airport (LIM) before 12:00 pm.
- Your Trip Leader will meet you at the airport. After meeting your new friends, we’ll take included transportation to our accommodations in Lima.
- Walk from the hotel to Parque Kennedy in Miraflores, where you can find places to grab a snack, enjoy coffee and purchase souvenirs.
- Continue down the hill from Parque Kennedy to explore the parks along the coast.
- Venture to Plaza Mayor to see the changing of the guards at the Palacio de Gobierno.
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and explore the Catacombs of San Francisco.
- Enjoy a delicious Peruvian meal at our opening dinner.
- After dinner, opt to try some pisco sour or head back to the hotel to rest and recharge.
Day 1 for 2020 Trips: Arrival in Cusco
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before boarding a domestic flight from Lima to Cusco.
- Take included transportation to our accommodations in Cusco, and begin acclimating to the altitude.
- Take a nice walk around the historic capital of the Inca empire.
- Try some tasty delicacies like alpaca or guinea pig at a local lunch spot.
- Have some free time to explore on your own, or pick up some souvenirs in the local markets.
- Head out on the town for another taste of Peruvian gastronomy in the historic center of Cusco.
- Test your rhythm and take advantage of free salsa lessons at one of the local bars or just have a drink with your new travel buddies and watch the movement of the Plaza at night.
Day 2 for 2020 Trips: Sacred Valley & Cultural Day
- Wake up in Cusco and enjoy breakfast right at your hotel.
- Take a private shuttle to our very own U30X community project above Cusco, in a town called Chinchero.
- We’ll be hiking and doing some farm work, so wear comfortable shoes, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Have a literal farm to table experience, and chow down on lunch that was all grown on the farm you worked on earlier in the morning.
- After lunch, check out an awesome textile demonstration, and learn how the people in the Andes naturally dye and hand-weave their alpaca wool.
- Once you’ve had a chance to buy some of these incredible alpaca goods for yourself and for friends back home, take the shuttle to the train station in Ollantaytambo.
- Sit back and enjoy the views as we wind through the Sacred Valley on our way to Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of Machu Picchu.
- You’ll have a chance to relax and pick up some snacks for tomorrow.
- We’ll find a restaurant in this small town for an early dinner.
Day 3 for 2020 Trips: One Day Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu
- Wake up early for breakfast at the hotel.
- Take the train to the entrance of our day hiking through the sacred valley.
- Arrive at the Inca Trail and start our 7 mile hike to Machu Picchu
Make sure you carry your passport!
- Did you know you can also hike the entire legendary Inca Trail with Under30Experiences?
- Arrive at Machu Picchu and take in the incredible views with a guided visit.
- Take the Bus to Aguas Calientes, and enjoy lunch.
- This evening you are free to explore and find dinner with your new friends (not included).
Day 4 for 2020 Trips: Explore Machu Picchu
- Wake up early for breakfast at the hotel.
- Head up to the Lost City of the Incas for a guided tour of the magical Inca site.
- Learn some of the history, take in the incredible views, and hopefully make friends with the local llamas.
- We’ll have lunch in Aguas Calientes and then embark on a scenic train ride and bus back to Cusco through the Sacred Valley.
- Reflect on your experience today over a relaxing dinner with the group.
Day 5 for 2020 Trips: Explore Cusco
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel.
- Today is a free day to Explore Cusco at your leisure.
- Your Trip Leader will suggest and accompany you on activities like the hike to the magical Rainbow Mountains
- Lunch will be on your own today.
- Enjoy your last dinner in Cusco City at the restaurant of your choice (not included).
- Optional night out to dance.
Day 6 for 2020 Trips: Jungle Experience
- Take a domestic flight from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado.
- Arrive in the Amazon where your Trip Leader will take you to your hotel.
Note: We will be leaving our main bags in Puerto Maldonado at the lodge’s main office - you will only take your day-pack to the lodge with two night’s necessities and valuables (passports, money, electronics). You will be given color-coded tags to attach to your bags to ensure your bag will be transferred to our hotel in town.
- Take a boat from Puerto Maldonado to Jungle lodge port.
- Arrive at your Amazonian Lodge.
- Have dinner at your beautiful Amazonian lodge
Day 7 for 2020 Trips: Explore the Amazon Rainforest
- Wake up early for breakfast at the lodge.
- Depart for Oxbow lake with your group and experience this ideal wildlife habitat.
- Return to the lodge and enjoy some free time.
- Enjoy lunch from the comfort of your lodge.
- Take an ethnobotanical walk or explore the lodge and enjoy the beauty of the Amazon Rainforest.
- Enjoy your last dinner at the lodge with your group.
Day 8 for 2020 Trips: Departure
- Wake early for your last breakfast at the lodge.
- Take included transportation back to Puerto Maldonado and then be driven to the airport.
- Be sure to book any connecting flights back home after 7:00 pm local time.
- We look forward to welcoming you into our close-knit travel community