Welcome to Cusco
- Arrive at Alejandro Velasco Astete Airport (CUZ) and be ready to begin your adventure at 12:00 pm.
- Your Trip Leader will meet you at the airport. After meeting your new friends, we’ll take included transportation to our accommodations in Cusco.
- Begin acclimating to the altitude and take a nice walk around the historic capital of the Inca empire.
- Try some tasty delicacies like alpaca or guinea pig at a local lunch spot.
- Have some free time to explore on your own, or pick up some souvenirs in the local markets.
- Head out on the town for a taste of Peruvian gastronomy in the historic center of Cusco.
- Test your rhythm and take advantage of free salsa lessons at one of the local bars or just have a drink with your new travel buddies and watch the movement of the Plaza at night.
Sacred Valley & Cultural Day
- Wake up in Cusco and enjoy breakfast right at your hotel.
- Take a private shuttle to our very own U30X community project above Cusco, in a town called Chinchero.
- We’ll be hiking and doing some farm work, so wear comfortable shoes, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Have a literal farm to table experience, and chow down on lunch that was all grown on the farm you worked on earlier in the morning.
- After lunch, check out an awesome textile demonstration, and learn how the people in the Andes naturally dye and hand-weave their alpaca wool.
- Once you’ve had a chance to buy some of these incredible alpaca goods for yourself and for friends back home, take the shuttle to the train station in Ollantaytambo.
- You’ll have a chance to relax and pick up some snacks for tomorrow.
- We’ll find a restaurant in this small town for an early dinner.
Ollantaytambo & The Sacred Valley
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Take a hike with your Trip Leader to visit Pinkuylluna Mountain for a wonderful view of Ollantaytambo.
- Enjoy a free morning in the beautiful town of Ollantaytambo to explore the cobblestone streets and stone houses.
- There are several optional activities available in Ollantaytambo.
Suggestions: Rafting in the Urubamba River or visit nearby archeological sites.
- Take a quick walk to the train station in Ollantaytambo.
- Sit back and enjoy the views as we wind through the Sacred Valley on our way to Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of Machu Picchu.
- This evening you are free to explore and find dinner with your new friends (not included).
Explore Machu Picchu
- Wake up early for breakfast at the hotel.
- Head up to the Lost City of the Incas for a guided tour of the magical Inca site.
- Learn some of the history, take in the incredible views, and hopefully make friends with the local llamas.
- We’ll have lunch in Aguas Calientes and then embark on a scenic train ride and bus back to Cusco through the Sacred Valley.
- Reflect on your experience today over a relaxing dinner with the group.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel.
- Today is a free day to Explore Cusco at your leisure.
- Your Trip Leader will suggest and accompany you on activities like the hike to the magical Rainbow Mountains
- Lunch will be on your own today.
- Enjoy your last dinner in Cusco City at the restaurant of your choice (not included).
- Optional night out to dance.
- Take a domestic flight from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado.
- Arrive in the Amazon where your Trip Leader will take you to your hotel.
Note: We will be leaving our main bags in Puerto Maldonado at the lodge’s main office - you will only take your day-pack to the lodge with two night’s necessities and valuables (passports, money, electronics). You will be given color-coded tags to attach to your bags to ensure your bag will be transferred to our hotel in town.
- Take a boat from Puerto Maldonado to Jungle lodge port.
- Arrive at your Amazonian Lodge.
- Have dinner at your beautiful Amazonian lodge
Explore the Amazon Rainforest
- Wake up early for breakfast at the lodge.
- Depart for Oxbow lake with your group and experience this ideal wildlife habitat.
- Return to the lodge and enjoy some free time.
- Enjoy lunch from the comfort of your lodge.
- Take an ethnobotanical walk or explore the lodge and enjoy the beauty of the Amazon Rainforest.
- Enjoy your last dinner at the lodge with your group.
- Wake early for your last breakfast at the lodge.
- Take include transportation back to the Puerto Maldonado airport (Padre Aldamiz International Airport --- PEM) and arrive by 11:00 am. Say your goodbyes to your new friends before boarding your flight back home.
- We look forward to welcoming you into our close-knit travel community