Stop Consuming & Start Creating with Matt Wilson, Under30Experiences
Cut the bullsh*t and build something. We're flipping the script and in this episode I'll be sharing what I've learned in my journey and how it can help you today.
Interviewing the Host
Normally on the Live Different Podcast I try to shut up and listen to my guests, but this time it was my opportunity to by interviewed by my ski buddy Josh Salvo of ReddyYetti.com
In a very candid conversation, I open up and tell my story of escaping the glitz and glamor of the NYC Startup Scene and headed to Iceland with my backcountry skis on what has become an adventure of a lifetime.
I share stories, tips, and advice like how:
- I lived in a luxury apartment on the 39th floor in Manhattan and traded it to pay $450/month in Costa Rica with no hot water
- I had dinner with Steve Wozniak Co-founder of Apple when I was 20.
- Found a way to meet Tony Robbins, Tim Ferriss, Robert Kiyosaki, and all of the world famous mentors I admire.
- Spent the summer traveling across four continents doing stuff I love.
Most of my time on the podcast I talk about cutting edge health and fitness techniques, how people can escape stress & anxiety, or travel the world without being a millionaire, but today I got asked to dig in about business strategy.
Of course, I work in lessons I've heard from Zen Masters, or booked I've read like "Let My People Go Surfing" by Yvon Chouinard. One of the most valuable lessons I share is how you can build relationships with virtual mentors. I regularly reach out to all my favorite authors, podcasters, and people who inspire me.
This episode is packed with lots of adventure for the outdoor audience, your weekly dose of geeky personal development, and why I created Under30Experiencesto be a catalyst for positive change in your life.
What is Under30Experiences
- We make travel more fun, stress-free, and accessible to people ages 21-35.
- We maximize our group’s itineraries, showing you only the best things in a country.
- We want sustainable solutions for a sustainable lifestyle.
- We’re not tour guides.
- We’re trusted friends who can show you around a really beautiful place.
- We facilitate time for you to go and explore with other like-minded people who become friends for life.
- We provide an authentic cultural experience with plenty of time to chill.
- We facilitate reunions and meetups around the world -- once you join a trip, you’ll be joining a dynamic community of other ambitious individuals.
- Our reviews are incredible.
“Develop your own ideas and don’t regurgitate other people's bullsh*t”
“Go out and experience life for yourself”
“Don’t get too caught up in consuming because that takes away from producing”
“We want sustainable solutions for a sustainable lifestyle”
“What you put out there, gets attracted back to you”
Listen in Now and inspire yourself to take your own adventure of a lifetime.
You can get this episode directly to your iPhone on iTunes or your Android on Stitcher!
Edited By: Eric Aguirre