The Ultimate Packing Guide for Italy
Traveling to Italy and wondering what to pack? Use this ultimate packing guide to prepare for your trip!
So, you're going to Italy? Congratulations!
Now that you've booked this dream trip, you may be wondering what to pack for your epic adventure abroad.
Lucky for you, we've got you covered with everything you'll need!
Our group travel tour to Italy takes you to some of Italy's best locations. After landing and exploring some in Rome, we head north and the temperature and humidity level drastically changes - so be sure to check the local weather in Rome and Assisi two days before departure. Also, take a look at our Italy trip itinerary to see all of our stops!
Ultimate Packing Guide for Italy
I recommend traveling with a large backpack vs. rolling luggage. We are going to walk from the bus drop off point to our accommodation in Rome and streets are made with little stones. But, its totally up to you!
Alright, here we go...
- Passport - obviously!
- At least 2 photocopies of the Passport, very important.
- Cash for extra activities
- Emergency Contacts
- Flight tickets!!
- Notebook to write your daily diary, thoughts
- Credit and Debit card (remember to call and tell your bank you are travelling outside US!)
- Travel insurance
- Day backpack to use for exploring on a daily base
- Refillable water bottle - avoid buying unnecessary plastic
- Sunglasses for the Italian sun
- Packing Cubes
- Fanny Pack
- Sleeping Mask (for your flight, bus ride)
- Waterproof backpack or rain cover in case we are hitted by bad weather!
- Playing cards for some fun moments at our accommodation
- Italian/English dictionary to finally learn Italian!
- Sweatshirt (yep, even in summer for visiting the caves - it’s pretty chilly down there!)
- Casual clothes to go out for dinner in Rome, but nothing too fancy
- Comfortable trousers
- Swimsuit! Our farm has a pool to chill out at that's open from May to September.
- Long pants, especially for nights out and early morning
- Winter Hat if coming in October
- Comfortable sneakers/shoes! You will thank me after an all day walk around Rome.
- Hiking boots
- Flip Flops for chilling out at our property
- Jacket if coming in April & Mid September - October
- Baseball hat - especially in summertime!
- First AID Med kit (your trip leader will have one, but thought I'd add it as an option!)
- Phone - but let’s live the moment!
- Laptop (if you really need it)
- Memory card
- USB Cables
- Converter for Italy
And now that everything’s packed, LET'S GO! If you forget something home, don’t worry - you can buy items in Rome’s airport or the city center.