Why Developing Relationships is More Important than Just Working Hard
A world-renowned social dynamics expert shares how to build authentic long term relationships
Jordan Harbinger is the host of The Art of Charm, a top 50 podcast, with over 3 million monthly downloads, and growing.
Forbes has named Jordan one of the 50 best relationship-builders in the world, and Inc. Magazine recently called him “the Charlie Rose of Podcasting.”
As co-founder of the Art of Charm, Jordan has become a world-renowned social dynamics expert. His expertise lies in social capital, relationship-building and authentic rapport.
Jordan shares his knowledge with the world through his podcast, and as a speaker at companies like Google, Apple, Twitter, and many others.
In this episode, Jordan teaches us how to cultivate the skills that will help us develop stronger long-term relationships in both our personal and professional lives.
He shares how he was able to use intentional practice to reinvent himself from a shy and reserved guy to a social dynamics expert.
We also delve into the importance of setting up systems, creating positive momentum, and why you should always give generously without the expectation of anything in return.
Along with networking advice, we chat about the tools and tactics of how to be your most productive self. If you’ve ever said, “this day just got away from me” this episode is for you. By the end of the show you’ll know how to maximize the hours of your day to produce the highest yield.
- How you can reinvent yourself to be more influential and happier
- How to leverage your particular competitive advantage with intentional practice
- How to develop the skills that take a long time to develop but not a long time to apply
- How to build networks for the long run
- Why most of the opportunities for networking are over the horizon
- Keeping your foot on the gas by running your body at its optimal performance
- How to build systems that gradually create positive momentum in any area in life
- The simple game changing strategy that Jordan uses to never let the day get away from him
- How to create an effective strategy, not a day dream
- Why 6 month goals are more effective than 5 year goals
- “It’s not only about outworking everyone, it’s about relationships”
- “Most of us don’t realize or even ignore our competitive advantage”
- “With intentional practice you can create a network as good or better than someone born into it”
- “The best opportunities are often over the horizon”
- “Give generously without the expectation of anything in return”
- “Without any plan you’re not going to be able to execute well”
- “I’ve got my foot on the gas until my priorities change”