Welcome to Ecuador!
- Arrive in Quito's Mariscal Sucre International Airport (UIO) at anytime after 2:00 pm for included transportation to the hotel.
- Relax and acclimate to the altitude after your international flight and get to know your fellow travelers while relaxing by the pool at your hotel.
- Enjoy our first dinner together before our adventure tomorrow.
Explore Quito: “The Light of America”
- Enjoy breakfast together at our hotel with your new friends.
- Take included transportation into Quito to explore the historic city center.
- Take a guided city tour of Quito, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site.
- Sample some traditional dishes in a local Ecuadorian restaurant while you take in the marvelous city.
- Enjoy some free time in the afternoon where you’ll be able to continue exploring the historical Quito.
Suggestions: Teleferiqo, souvenir shopping at the local market, visit the many famous museums in the city, or grab a drink with your group.
- Have a delicious dinner right at the hotel and rest up before our early morning flight and island adventure tomorrow.
- Prepare for the following day while your Trip Leader leads you through a meeting getting you ready for your trip to the Galapagos.
Welcome to the Galapagos!
- After breakfast, take an included early morning flight to the Galapagos (~3 hour flight).
Travelers responsible for $100 cash fee to enter Galapagos Islands.
- Fly to Baltra Island, a small island of the Galapagos. After landing we’ll make our way to neighboring Santa Cruz with a quick local ferry.
- We’ll jump right in with a stop in the highlands of Santa Cruz to visit a local Giant Tortoise reserve.
- Observe these huge, magical creatures in their natural habitat and have the opportunity to explore some nearby lava tunnels while you gain a better appreciation of the natural forces that created these islands.
- Enjoy lunch at a local ranch in the highlands of Santa Cruz.
- After lunch, we’ll continue to Puerto Ayora-the main town in Santa Cruz island.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Center, Las Grietas, or wander around town with your Trip Leader.
- Take a little time to explore or unwind before we get together for dinner.
Suggestions: Charles Darwin Station, Las Ninfas.
- Traditional Ecuadorian dinner together in Puerto Ayora.
Snorkel + Hike on an Uninhabited Island
- Take a chartered boat to an uninhabited island for a hike where you’ll get to experience spectacular panoramic views of the island.
- Get acquainted with the local wildlife as you walk with Marine Iguanas, Blue-Footed Boobies, Frigates, and more.
- Go on an awesome adventure snorkeling among a wide variety of marine life including friendly sea lions, sea turtles, and a huge variety of fish that make this a fantastic place for nature enthusiasts.
- The boat will bring you back to Santa Cruz, and you’ll take included transportation back to Puerto Ayora for some free time in this wonderful little town.
- Create your own adventure or just take some time to relax.
Suggestions: Charles Darwin Station, Las Ninfas.
- Enjoy a delicious Ecuadorian dinner with your friends at a local restaurant.
Tortuga Bay Beach + Isabela Island
- Head out for a scenic walk to one of the largest white sand beaches in the Galapagos.
- Tortuga Bay is a gorgeous beach accessible only by foot and filled with a variety of activities. A leisurely 45-minute path leads to the beach and along the way you may spot lava lizards, native birds, and massive marine iguanas.
- Here you’ll have the option to swim, snorkel, kayak, surf, or you can just hang out with your friends and the local marine life.
- After a delicious lunch in Puerto Ayora, take a scenic public boat ride to Isabela Island, the largest island of the Archipelago.
- After checking into the hotel, enjoy a stroll through the picturesque town of Puerto Villamil. You’ll be able to find the perfect spot to enjoy the sunset at arguably the most beautiful white sand beach of all the islands.
- Enjoy a traditional dinner by the beach of Isabela Island and reflect on the day’s adventures.
- Hit the town for a night out, or simply relax at the hotel and unwind before getting after it again tomorrow.
- Take included transportation to one of the most impressive natural wonders on Isabela Island -- Sierra Negra Volcano.
- Strap on your hiking boots and get ready to hike on a volcano! Sierra Negra, which last erupted in 2018 is one of the most active volcanoes in Galapagos.
- Arrive at a viewpoint where you’ll get to enjoy the breathtaking view from the rim of one of the largest and most active volcanic craters in the world.
- Head back to town for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Enjoy a free afternoon in Puerto Villamil where you’ll have the opportunity to walk to Concha de Perla and enjoy the crystalline water, ride a bike to the Wall of Tears, or take a stroll to Poza de Flamingos and observe the local wildlife in their natural habitat.
Suggestions: Snorkeling in Concha de Perla, surfing, biking to the famous Wall of Tears, or relaxing on the beach.
- Have dinner with the group at a traditional restaurant on Isabela Island.
- Hit the town for a night out, or simply relax at the hotel after your active day.
Snorkel with Sharks
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast right at the hotel.
- After breakfast, we will take a short boat ride toward Islote Las Tintoreras where we’ll look for the famous Galapagos penguin, white tipped reef sharks, blue-footed boobies, sea turtles, and more!
- Get back in the water for a snorkeling adventure where you’ll have the chance to swim with sea turtles, colorful fish, and manta rays, among other marine life.
- After your adventure, head back to Puerto Villamil for lunch.
- Then, take a speedboat back to Santa Cruz Island where we’ll spend our final evening together.
- Relax back at the hotel or get some last minute shopping in before heading out for the final dinner and night out on the Galapagos Islands.
- Take included transportation to the airport where you’ll catch your included local flight back to Quito.
- Once back in Quito, your Trip Leader will help you find your connecting flight back home.
- Be sure your flight home departs after 8:00 pm.
- We look forward to welcoming you to the Under30Experiences community.