Welcome to the Wild West!
- Meet up with your group at the designated meeting point in Salt Lake City at 8:00 am. After a quick intro to your new friends and going over the plan for the upcoming week, it’s time to hit the road and head to Jackson, Wyoming!
- On our way to Jackson, make a scenic pit-stop to enjoy some lunch and to stretch our legs.
- Once in Jackson, get a quick orientation of the town before heading into Grand Teton National Park for some great photo ops of the Teton Mountain Range from Mormon Row.
- After snapping a few epic pictures, it’s time to settle into our first campground!
- Once tents are pitched, return to Jackson for your first dinner as a group, and enjoy an optional rodeo. Finish off the night with a nightcap at the fabled Million Dollar Cowboy Bar.
Grand Teton National Park
- Start off your morning on a high note with optional whitewater rafting or horseback riding.
- Grab some lunch in Jackson before heading into Grand Teton National Park for some hiking at Jenny Lake!
- Find a route that interests you and go conquer it! Enjoy the scenery as you hike through the numerous popular trails within the park.
- After working up an appetite meandering through the National Park, return to your campsite for a much deserved dinner and some relaxation around the campfire.
Grand Teton to Yellowstone National Park
- Begin the day by traveling through the lengths of both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park, making photo stops along the way. Enjoy views from Oxbow Bend, Snake River Overlook, and Jackson Lake while in Grand Teton National Park.
- While passing through Yellowstone, take a short hike to an overlook of the Grand Prismatic Spring - an iconic view of the largest hot spring in the US, and third-largest worldwide!
- The drive is a bit lengthy today, but there’s a lot to see inside the park including herds of bison that will often block the roadway!
- Arrive at Chico Hot Springs in the afternoon with time to enjoy the hot springs and have a drink before dinner.
- Enjoy dinner and drinks before settling into your historic rustic accommodations for the night.
- This morning will be an early one, but very much worth it! Head into Yellowstone before dawn to meet our expert wildlife guide. They will know the best place for us to see all sorts of wildlife, but we will be focused on spotting grizzly bears and wolves.
- Learn all about the surrounding flora and fauna and the delicate ecosystems of Yellowstone National Park as you keep your eyes peeled for this majestic wildlife.
- Enjoy a packed lunch amidst your picturesque surroundings.
- Say goodbye to your wildlife guide before returning to Chico Hot Springs for a bit of relaxation in the river or at a western saloon.
- After a long day of wildlife tracking, enjoy another dinner with your friends before tucking in for the evening.
- Fill up on an award-winning breakfast buffet at a Chico’s restaurant before venturing out to admire Yellowstone’s geothermal features!
- Start your journey through Yellowstone National Park with a visit to the Boiling River, where you can take a dip in the water and feel the freezing cold waters of the Gardiner River mix with the geothermal heated Boiling River.
- After a refreshing swim, visit Mammoth Hot Springs, Artist’s Paint Pots, and then the Upper Geyser Basin where we will see the famous Old Faithful erupt.
- Arrive at Grant’s Village to set up camp, then explore your new surroundings and another stellar day with dinner and a campfire surrounded by nature.
Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- Catch the sunrise over Yellowstone Lake and watch the sun rise up over the lake and pierce the steam from all the surrounding geothermal features. It’s quite a sight!
- Drive through Hayden Valley, keeping an eye out for wildlife in the early morning hours. Beat the crowds to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, and enjoy a hike from Uncle Tom’s Point through Ribbon Lake, rewarding you with your first view of the expansive canyon from the trail--instead of from a busy parking lot!
- Fuel up on lunch while on the trail, followed by spending some time at the large visitor center at Canyon Village.
- Conclude your afternoon with a visit to the geothermal features of Mud Volcano.
- Savor one last dinner as a group at your campsite and reminisce about the week of adventures with your new friends.
Salt Lake City & Departure
- Take down camp and begin your journey back to Salt Lake City, making a stop at Shoshone Falls--nicknamed the Niagara of the West!
- After lunch, return to Salt Lake City with time to walk around and take some photos of Temple Square, home to the Church of Latter-Day Saints.
- Your Trip Leader will share some history of this religion and its importance to Salt Lake City. We’ll drop off the group at the designated ending point by 5 pm.
- Staying later? Be sure to ask your Trip Leader for recommendations on things to do in the area!