Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City!
- Arrive at Tan Son Nhat Airport (SGN) in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam before 1:00 pm to meet your fellow travelers.
- Your Trip Leader will meet you at the airport then take included private transportation to our accommodations in the center of Ho Chi Minh.
- Relax after a long flight at your hotel or take a walk with your Trip Leader and explore Ben Thanh market.
- Get to know your new friends over a delicious Vietnamese dinner. Savor the traditional cuisine of Vietnam with your group as you begin to settle into this side of the world.
Vietnamese Cooking Class & Cu Chi Tunnels
- After breakfast, travel to an organic farm outside the city (~1.5-hour drive).
- Pick fresh vegetables and mushrooms straight from the garden that you’ll use for your cooking class with your Vietnamese Chef.
- Enjoy your homemade Southern Vietnamese lunch with your group.
- Afterward, enjoy an excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels--one of the most important historic sites of the Vietnam war. This network of underground tunnels is 200km long complete with meeting rooms, medical and sanitary posts.
- Return back to Ho Chi Minh City and relax for the rest of the evening or enjoy the Ho Chi Minh nightlife with your group.
Cycle the Mekong Delta
- Enjoy your final breakfast in Ho Chi Minh City before departing for the Vung Liem district in the Mekong Delta (~3.5-hour drive).
- Stop for lunch in Ben Tre along the way.
- Arrive at your new lodge situated perfectly along the river.
- Cycle for 1-2 hours through the beautiful Vietnamese countryside. If you don’t like to cycle, you can follow along on a tuk tuk.
- Settle into your riverside lodge and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Mekong Delta.
Vietnamese Cultural Immersion
- Wake up in the stunning Vietnamese countryside and enjoy breakfast with your group.
- Take a morning boat ride through the Mekong and reach a farmers market where locals sell vegetables, fruits, fish, & meat.
- Continue down the river to a local Cao Dai temple by the river, a coconut factory, and learn how locals make crafts from natural materials.
- Return to your riverside lodge for lunch.
- Spend some time relaxing at this beautiful location along the river.
- Float down the small canals of the Mekong Delta in the shadow of the surrounding water-coconut trees.
- Feast on some more delicious Vietnamese cuisine at your riverside lodge.
- After dinner, meet a former Viet Cong war veteran and interact with him as you listen to traditional songs about war.
Welcome to Cambodia!
- Enjoy a relaxing morning or check out the local workshops in Vinh Long.
- Be sure to enjoy a final scenic walk along the river before departing for our next stop--Cambodia!
- Travel back to Ho Chi Minh City (~4-hour drive) with your group and catch a final Vietnamese before catching your included flight to Cambodia (~1.5 hour flight).
- Welcome to Cambodia!
- Take included transportation to your boutique hotel in Siem Reap.
- Wrap up your first night in a new country with a delicious dinner.
Village Immersion in Siem Reap & Angkor Wat
- Start off your first morning in Cambodia by cycling to Bong Thom Village where you’ll visit Preah Dak--a local Cambodian market.
- Arrive at a villager’s house renowned for its production of Cambodia's famous rice noodles.
- Be welcomed by the family and help them through the different stages of making rice noodles.
- Eat the traditional breakfast you helped prepare called Nom Bahn Cho.
- Stop at another family home where villagers teach you how to make palm leaf handicrafts.
- Visit two temples called Banteay Samre and Phnom Bok as you cycle through picturesque rice paddies and palm trees. If you don’t like to cycle, there will be a tuk tuk available to transport you.
- Enjoy lunch in a small village that specializes in bamboo sticky rice production.
- Relax under a palm tree while indulging in delicious Cambodian snacks or take a swim in the restaurant’s pool to cool off.
- After lunch, you’ll visit Angkor Wat-–the biggest temple in the Angkor complex. Marvel at the architectural achievement of one of the largest religious monuments in the world.
- Finish the day by visiting Ta Prohm, a temple which has been covered by the surrounding jungle and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Enjoy the evening at your own pace and choose from one of several restaurants in Siem Reap
Angkor Thom and Bayon Temple
- Travel by tuk tuk on a road surrounded by hundred-year-old trees to discover the legendary Angkor Complex.
- Visit Angkor Thom known as “the big city.”
- Admire Bayon Temple built around the 12th century and Baphuon, a temple mountain built in the 11th century.
- Discover the Terrace of the Elephants, with a length of 350 meters, was used for royal audiences and public ceremonies.
- Continue your visit to the Terrace of the Leper King, built in the 12th century, covered by magnificent Apsara sculptings.
- Return to Siem Reap town for lunch on your own.
- Travel outside of town to board onto a private boat for a tour of the floating villages on Tonle Sap.
- Enjoy another traditional Cambodian dinner with your group (not included) as you recount the experiences of the last few days.
- Check out the nightlife in Siem Reap before we depart to Battambang in the morning!
Phnom Sampov & Battambang
- Choose to wake up early and experience the sunrise over the Angkor Temples by local tuk tuk (optional).
- After breakfast, travel to Battambang from Siem Reap (~4 hours drive)
- Stop at a local silk farm and learn about the importance of cultivation, cocoon unwinding, and silk weaving.
- Arrive in Battambang and visit the Bat Caves at Phnom Sampov.
- Phnom Sampov is known for its "killing caves" from the Khmer Rouge era.
- Take a hike to the top of Phnom Sampov and soak in the magnificent views over the rice fields and surrounding countryside as millions of bats take flight out of the caves.
- Enjoy dinner at your boutique hotel in Battambang.
- Discover Battambang’s beautiful countryside by tuk tuk.
- Start off at an ancient pagoda named Wat Balat, and drive past typical Cambodian houses that have been unchanged for generations.
- Observe the daily activities such as the preparation of sticky rice, custom knife making, and the preparation of the traditional fish paste prahok.
- Have the option of riding the famous Bamboo Train of Battambang or do a workshop at the Phare arts school.
- Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the famous sights of Battambang, visiting the central market or strolling along the riverside.
- After an eventful day, grab dinner with your group at a restaurant in Battambang where you’ll be able to try traditional Khmer dining.
- Begin the drive back to Siem Reap (~4-hour drive).
- Admire the traditional Khmer houses, the massive Tonle Sap Lake, and observe the stonemasons whose techniques have been passed down since the Angkorian era.
- Your final afternoon in Siem Reap is free for you to relax or immerse yourself further in everything the city has to offer.
- Enjoy your farewell dinner at one of the best restaurants in Siem Reap.
- Reflect on the cultural experiences of the last few days and enjoy one final night out with your group of travelers.
- Enjoy the final morning at your leisure or do some last minute souvenir shopping.
- After checkout, you will take included private transportation to Siem Reap Airport for your flight back home.
- Be sure your flight home departs after 12:00 pm.
- Stay in touch back home with the Under30Experiences Community!