COVID-19 Health & Safety Updates to our Community
Hey Under30Experiences, we couldn’t be more excited for borders around the globe to be opening up!
It’s, now, more important than ever for people to be part of a community that brings them joy, but in a post-COVID-19 world, it’s critical to lay out the ground rules on what the “new normal” will look like.
As always, Under30Experiences promises to do our very best to mitigate the risks of travel, keep our community healthy, and keep the places we visit safe. Please keep in mind that many of the local communities we visit do not have the same resources and access to healthcare that we do in the United States. For this reason and many others:
As of January 1st, 2022 all travelers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 more than 14 days before their trip’s departure or provide a medical exemption note in order to participate.
Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect from Under30Experiences with guidance from the World Travel & Tourism Council, Adventure Travel Trade Association, US Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and local governments. Please keep in mind our protocols will be updated as the situation evolves.
- Stay positive, test negative. Some regions we run trips in require negative COVID-19 tests before entry. Here you'll be required to show up with a test showing you are negative, making these some of the safest trips you can attend. In 2020, all USA Trip Leaders will be required to test negative before the start of their trip.
- Getting personal. Upon arrival, you’ll be asked basic COVID-19 screening questions by your Trip Leader. Depending on protocols in different countries, there is a good chance you’ll have your temperature taken at immigration and/or at hotel check-ins.
- Keep it clean. We’re working hard to step up our disinfectant protocols with our local vendors including hotels, transportation companies, and activity providers. Our vans on our US trips, for example, will be equipped with portable disinfectant foggers. All vehicles will undergo rigorous daily cleaning. Hand sanitizer and extra masks should be readily available.
- Pausing hugs and handshakes. While it might be common to arrive in France and someone to greet you with two kisses on the cheek, we’ll be asking our travelers and Trip Leaders to maintain appropriate social distance.
- BYOM. Bring your own mask! While we’d rather not ask our travelers to cover their smiles, everyone would appreciate it if you wore a reusable mask on the airplane, when riding in transportation as a group, and in crowded public places. The safer we are as individuals, the safer the group.
- Single tents for 2021. For our US trips, all solo travelers will have their own tents. To keep the price of our trips affordable, we'll ask you do your best to maintain social distance with your roommate when we stay in hotels.
- Preference for the great outdoors. Whenever possible, our groups will “opt-outside”. If we can do outdoor activities rather than indoor ones or eat in an open-air restaurant rather than inside, we absolutely will.
- Respect local restrictions and authorities. Each local government will have its own rapidly evolving guidelines, especially at major tourist sites. We expect some countries to have mandatory temperature checks before entering immigration, and checkpoints at hotels, and major landmarks.
- Vaccines card may be required. In sume jurisdictions such as Greece, vaccine cards may be required to enter indoor venues like restaurants. Please have a copy of your proof of vaccination on your phone for backup, with a photo of the file also stored in a secure location that you could log into if your phone is lost for a second backup.
- Itineraries will be subject to change due to local factors. The Minister of Tourism in Peru has decided that group sizes will be limited to 10 travelers at Machu Picchu, and buffet breakfasts will no longer be served for example.
- Self-quarantine. If a traveler happens to come down with COVID-19 symptoms, we need to do our part to stop the spread. We expect our travelers to act with integrity, remove themselves from the group, and get tested. All travelers will be required to agree to remove themselves if they are symptomatic in our updated travel waiver.
Please keep in mind that each country along with their local governments are in the process of developing specific protocols. As the situation is still rapidly evolving, we will update you before your departure if there is anything affecting your travel plans. If you want to know current status of each country's borders, please visit the US Embassy's website by searching "[country name, COVID-19, US Embassy].
Thank you all for your support and commitment to our community through this challenging time, and get ready for Under30Experiences to be back better than ever. We are incredibly excited to explore the United States on our new trips!