How to Live in a Van and Travel Full-time (Van Life) with Hannah Pinkerton of Destined for Adventure
Hannah Pinkerton is a full-time vanlifer, blogger at Destined for Adventure, Spanish teacher at Speak Better Spanish, and Community Manager and Trip Leader at Under30Experiences. She’s been location independent since 2015 and traveling outside of the United States since 2018. Hannah is also a Location Independence Coach helping others do the same. She lives with her 4 cats and 5 dogs in her converted camper van as a solo female traveler in Mexico!
Hannah gives me everything I need to know about how to live in a van and make money!
In this episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast I discuss with Hannah Pinkerton:
- Van life essentials.
- How much van life costs in Mexico.
- How to live in a van full time.
- How to live in a van and make money.
- How much converting her van cost in Mexico?
- What is the cost of living in Mexico?
- Some fun van travel hacks
- What is life like as an expat in Mexico?
- How safe is traveling in Mexico?
- How is the healthcare system in Mexico?
- How did Hannah find a mechanic for her van in Mexico?
- What is the difference between living in a tiny house and van life?
- What is the slow travel movement?
- Where do you go to the bathroom when you live in van?
- How Hannah started adopting animals and bringing them into her van.
- How you can help adopt a dog or cat from Hannah!
Resources from Hannah:
- Destined for Adventure Blog
- @DestinedforAdventure on Instagram
- Hannah’s Vanlife YouTube
- Safety Wing Insurance for Nomads
- Speak Better Spanish
- @SpeakBetterSpanish on Instagram
Listen to the full episode on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, or Youtube.
You can find all the links and past show notes on millennialtravelpodcast.com
Direct support for The Millennial Travel Podcast comes from The Millennial Travel Guidebook: Escape More, Spend Less, & Make Travel a Priority in Your Life.
Looking for more great content? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Solo Travel.
Here are some of my favorite travel articles:
Solo Travel Destinations in South America
Solo Travel Destinations in Mexico, Central America, & the Caribbean
Essential Camping Gear Checklist