Take Happier Trips with Scott Keyes of Scott’s Cheap Flights
Scott Keyes is a two time Millennial Travel Podcast guest and needs no introduction as the founder of Scott’s Cheap Flights. Today, he comes back to chat about his new book Take More Vacations: How to Search Better, Book Cheaper, and Travel the World.
In case you don’t know Scott…
Scott Keyes is the founder of Scott’s Cheap Flights, a travel platform with over two million members around the world. It’s been called “the travel world’s best-kept secret” by Thrillist and received praise in The New York Times and The Washington Post, among others. Prior to becoming a leading expert on cheap flights, Scott graduated from Stanford University and worked for years as a journalist, with bylines in The Washington Post , The Atlantic, The Guardian, The Nation, and elsewhere. When he's not on a plane, he lives in Portland, Oregon.
If you haven’t heard on our first podcast together, I highly recommend listening to Episode 15 of The Millennial Travel Podcast with Scott from Scott’s Cheap Flights.
For more on this topic check out our guide: Travel Hacking: Saving Money and Finding Cheap Flights.
In this episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast I discuss with Scott Keyes:
- Scott’s experience getting the COVID-19 vaccine and what the vaccine means for travel.
- When Scott’s book Take More Vacations: How to Search Better, Book Cheaper, and Travel the World is coming out.
- How does Scott follow travel news regarding flights?
- What are vaccine passports and are vaccine passports needed for international travel?
- Is your vaccination certificate allow you to travel internationally?
- Do I need a yellow vaccination certificate from the WHO to travel internationally?
- Will domestic travel within the United States require vaccination?
- What are the entrance requirements for COVID-19 tests and vaccinations for Hawaii?
- What airlines have empty middle seats? What are airline capacities like post-pandemic?
- When is New York City opening?
- Are there flights where everyone takes a COVID-19 test?
- How to stay on top of entrance requirements and testing requirements for travel?
- Are there COVID-19 rapid tests at airports in the United States?
- How much are rapid tests for COVID-19?
- Some hotels are providing free tests for guests to return to the United States.
- How Scott started Scott’s Cheap flights.
- How Scott encourages his readers to “take happier trips.”
- Why it’s so important to have a trip to look forward to.
- Why it’s better to take a few trips per year rather than just one big trip… and how to find cheap flights!
- What were Scott’s 2020 travel plans that got cancelled and what do Scott’s 2021 travel plans look like?
The Millennial Travel Podcast Rapid Fire Questions I ask Scott Keyes:
- Does using an incognito window save your money on flights?
- What is the best day to book flights? Is Tuesday a good day to book flights?
- How to find cheap business class flights?
Resources from Scott Keyes & Matt Wilson:
- Nice feed of positive travel news from Skift
- Over the counter COVID-19 Rapid Antigen tests to be sold at Walgreens from BinaxNow from $10
- The At Home COVID-19 Test for around $130
- Signup for Scott’s Cheap Flights Newsletter
- Scott’s new book: Take More Vacations: How to Search Better, Book Cheaper, and Travel the World
You can find all the links and past show notes on millennialtravelpodcast.com
Direct support for The Millennial Travel Podcast comes from The Millennial Travel Guidebook: Escape More, Spend Less, & Make Travel a Priority in Your Life.
Looking for more great content? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Solo Travel.