What To Pack for Peru & Machu Picchu
Traveling to Machu Picchu but not sure what to pack? We got you covered with the perfect Peru packing list.
The Social Girl Traveler is adventuring with us to Machu Picchu and created this handy guide on what to pack. Since the weather can be shifty, it's important to get the essentials just right.
So without further ado, here is The Social Girl Traveler's article on what to pack for Machu Picchu.
What To Pack For Peru & Machu Picchu
Okay, so you’ve bought your flights to Lima for your trip to Machu Picchu. Curious to know where to start, how to pack, or what to pack? No worries, just check out the quick list I’ve created and watch my short video on what to pack and how to pack.
With only a few hours left before I depart on a summer of epic experiences with Under30Experiences. I thought I’d share some insight to packing for my first
What To Pack:
*NOTE: Make sure to always check a weather app for the local weather forecast. This will help you decided how many items to bring of each. Because I am going in June-July, it’s winter in Peru, so the weather is usually chilly (but not too cold) during the day, but really cold at night.
- Long sleeved shirt
- Hooded sweatshirt
- Warm socks
- Bathing suit
- Yoga or athletic pants
- Winter hat and gloves/cap
- Clothes to go out to casual dinner...not too fancy: One casual shirt or nice blouse, one long sleeve dress
- Toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, cleanser, moisturizer (travel size)
- Chapstick or lip balm
- Sunscreen gloss
- Shoes: Hiking/Trekking sneakers or boots (suggest waterproof), sneakers or shoes to wear all day when you’re walking in the town, one pair of light flip-flops, one pair of nice boots for going out (don’t have to be heels)
- A day bag or side bag for sightseeing
- Passport (and a photocopy of your passport)
- Camera gear (Camera, GroPro, tripod, etc. )
- *WATER FILTERS (3)
Also, check out the video below and get insider info on one of the best travel essentials.