Retire at 30, Travel the World, or Write for a Living with Laura Shin of Forbes
Laura Shin is a personal finance, business and tech journalist, and contributor at Forbes. She focuses on personal finance and teaches people to master the art and business of freelance writing at IdeasWordsEmpires.com.
Laura is the author of the Forbes ebook, The Millennial Game Plan: Career And Money Secrets To Succeed In Today's World. You can also find more of her work on both Fortune and ZDNet.
Laura is captivated by financial turnaround stories and has written countless articles for Forbes on people who retired early and have traveled the world.
Laura gives actionable advice on becoming a better writer and how to make money from it.
I ask Laura everything from money hacks, to writing tips, to how she landed gigs at Forbes as a sponsor for her podcast on cryptocurrency. You'll also find actionable tips for landing your first freelance gig and money management tips.
In our rapid-fire session, I ask her about her favorite places to travel, write, and where she practices yoga in New York.
More Topics Covered
- How Laura got involved and grew her relationship with Forbes
- Actionable tips for picking up your first freelance gig
- How to have people pitch to have your services
- Actionable tips for journalistic writing
- How to effectively manage your money in your 20s
- Should you invest in Bitcoins?
- Securing a sponsor for your podcast
Listen in Now and enhance your writing and finances.
You can get this episode directly to your iPhone on iTunes or your Android on Stitcher!
Edited By: Eric Aguirre