Arrival in Croatia
Afternoon / Evening
- Meet at Split International Airport (SPU) at 4:00 pm and take included transportation to your hotel in the center of Split.
- After settling in, take an orientation walk around the neighborhood and get to know your new friends.
- Enjoy your first dinner as a group at a local restaurant as you begin to soak in the Croatian culture.
Split & Sea Kayaking
- After breakfast, set out on a walking tour with a local guide to learn about Split's rich history.
- Walk through Diocletian’s Palace and observe how residents have built homes from these ancient walls.
- See the Temple of Jupiter, Diocletian Cellars, and the Statue of Grgur Ninski. During your free time, we recommend climbing up the Saint Domnius cathedral.
- After lunch, head out for an afternoon of sea kayaking. (~3 hour activity)
- Swim off of small beaches and jump off of cliffs emerging from the sea.
- Tonight, the evening is free for you to explore the city and dine at a restaurant of your choice.
Island of Hvar
- After breakfast, take included transportation to the port, then enjoy a ferry ride (~ 1 hour) to the island of Hvar.
- Settle into your apartments located in the center of Old Town, then head out for an orientation walk with your Trip Leader to familiarize yourself with the neighborhood.
- Enjoy a relaxing day on Pokonji Dol Beach, located at the end of the island away from the crowds.
- Need a break from the beach? Consider taking a walk up to Fortica Fortress to take in the view of the sea and surrounding islands.
- Take advantage of this free evening to explore the town of Hvar. Perhaps make a visit to the Museum of Lace or take a small boat ride over to Carpe Diem, one of Croatia’s most popular nightclubs.
Blue Cave and Vis Island
- Choose from a variety of cafes and small eateries for your breakfast or opt to prepare your own meal in your apartment.
- Gather with your friends for an adventure on the open seas in a private speedboat.
- Discover small beaches, hidden caves, and go snorkeling as you navigate the coves and small bays around Vis Island.
- Visit the Blue Cave and observe the hypnotizing silver-blue light as it illuminates the space inside the cave when the sunlight hits the ocean through a natural opening in the ceiling.
- In the late afternoon, return to the main island of Hvar and freshen up at your apartments.
- Join your group for an included dinner at a local restaurant and indulge in the delicious Croatian cuisine.
- Perhaps head out after dinner and explore one of the many bars or clubs that make Hvar one of Croatia’s hottest spots for nightlife.
- Grab breakfast on your own at one of the cafes around your apartment, then take included transportation to the port.
- Sit back and relax on a 2-hour ferry ride to the island of Korcula.
- Receive a brief introduction from your Trip Leader on an orientation walk through the old town.
- Don’t forget to ask about recommendations for where to find the best lunch spots.
- In the early afternoon, continue discovering the highlights of this historic town including interesting churches, museums, and Venetian-style houses on your own.
- You can also choose to go for a swim just below the old town. It’s definitely one of Croatia’s most unique beaches.
- Reunite with your group in the late afternoon and head out to the tiny village of Pupant for an opportunity to experience traditional Croatian life.
- Enjoy dinner at one of Korcula’s last remaining traditional family restaurants where you will be feasting on a home-cooked meal.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your host if you can taste some homemade wine!
Vineyards of Lumbarda
- Wake up in your boutique-style hotel in Korcula and have breakfast with your friends.
- Travel out to the coastal village of Lumbarda and tour a local vineyard. Learn about the unique grapes that make a special wine, Grk, that is only produced in this part of the world.
- Spend some time walking around the village to soak in the traditional Croatian lifestyles.
- Take a walk to Przine Bay and relax on one of the sandy beaches on this part of the island.
- Return to the center of Korcula and enjoy some free time to explore or find souvenirs to take back home.
- Tonight is a free evening for you to discover the nightlife and choose your own meal.
Road tripping to Dubrovnik
- Wake up and enjoy a peaceful breakfast at your hotel.
- Take included transportation to the port and board a ferry. A quick 30-minute ferry ride will take you back to the mainland.
- Cruise in a private van with your group as you travel along the Peljesac Peninsula toward Dubrovnik.
- Stop at the local winery that produces the famous Black Wine, Dignac, found nowhere else in the world.
- Visit the town of Stona and admire Europe’s second-longest stone wall. Enjoy a small break and grab a cup of coffee or indulge in fresh oysters that are farmed right in the bays of this small coastal community.
- Arrive in Dubrovnik, settle into your accommodation, and head out on a walking tour along the ancient walls with your Trip Leader and visit the Large Fountain of Onforio and The Rector's Palace.
- Join together with your group for a farewell dinner then head out to explore the city under the lights.
Relaxation & Departure
- Say goodbye to your new friends and depart at any time of the day with instructions from your Trip Leader on how to take taxis, buses, or local transportation to the airport.
- Ask your Trip Leader for suggestions if you choose to spend more time in Dubrovnik.
- Keep in touch with your new friends at home in the Under30Experiences Community.