Welcome to Greece!
- Arrive at Athens International Airport (ATH) by 4:00 pm and take included transportation to your hotel in the heart of Athens.
- After settling in, take an orientation walk around the neighborhood and get to know your new friends.
- Enjoy your first dinner as a group at a traditional Greek tavern sampling some of the best cuisine in the world.
- Enjoy your first Greek breakfast in the heart of Athens with your fellow travelers.
- Meet with your professional Athens guide and partake in a walking tour where you’ll visit the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Adrian’s gate, the Panathinaiko Stadium, & more!
- After discovering the most important historical sights of this ancient city, refuel with some lunch at a traditional Greek restaurant.
- Enjoy some free time to visit the Acropolis Museum, explore the historic Plaka neighborhood, and roam Athens’ famous streets.
- Enjoy another authentic dinner at a Greek tavern.
- After dinner, grab a drink at a local bar or rest up before tomorrow’s early morning adventure.
Welcome to the Greek Islands!
- Have an early breakfast at your hotel.
- Take included transportation to the port of Athens to catch our ferry to the Cycladic Islands!
- Travel by ferry, like the locals, to Paros, the first stop on our Greek island adventure! (~4-hour ferry ride)
- Take included ground transportation to our hotel located minutes away from the beautiful center of Naoussa.
- After enjoying a traditional Greek lunch, we’ll head to one of the best beaches on the island.
- Relax on the beach or partake in several optional activities like windsurfing, kitesurfing, and stand up paddle boarding.
- Return to your hotel and take a trip into Naoussa.
- Naoussa is one of the most picturesque villages that Greece’s Cycladic islands have to offer.
- Get lost in the whitewashed alleyways and enjoy a picture-perfect sunset.
- Grab dinner at a fisherman’s tavern tucked among the beautiful Greek island villas.
Sunrise Horseback & Greek Cooking Class
- Wake up before the sun rises and take included transportation to a local horseback riding activity.
- Depart on a 2.5-hour horseback ride along Paros’ coastline.
- Arrive at the beach in time to catch the sunrise and swim with the horses.
- Return to your hotel for a late breakfast and an optional nap after an epic start to your day.
- The rest of the morning and afternoon is yours to create your own adventure.
- We recommend taking a stroll through Naoussa, enjoying one of the nearby beaches, and trying more of the local cuisine. Be sure to try moussaka, souvlaki, gyros, and baklava.
- We’ll meet at the hotel to drive to our private Greek cooking class.
- Learn how to cook some traditional delicacies like salads, grilled meats, and fresh seafood. As class comes to an end, enjoy the dinner we’ve prepared as a group.
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel and take a quick shuttle to Parikia.
- You’ll have some time to explore the town of Parikia and visit the famous Byzantine Church of Ekantotapiliani.
- Afterward, we’ll take the ferry from Paros to our second Cycladic Island--Naxos. (~ 1-hour ferry)
- Arrive in Naxos and take included transportation to your hotel.
- Drop off your bags and head to lunch along one of the best beaches on the island.
- Enjoy some time to lounge on the beach or try your hand at windsurfing, stand up paddle boarding, or kitesurfing.
- Walk over to Apollo’s Temple, Naxos’ most iconic monument. Enjoy a breathtaking sunset from the remains of this ancient ruin.
- Savor a traditional Greek dinner at a local tavern.
- After dinner, take a walking tour of Naxos and explore the old town by night.
Hiking & Cultural Day in Naxos
- Today’s hike starts after breakfast from the mountain town of Melanes.
- Hike for approximately 3 hours through some of the most picturesque villages and sights Naxos has to offer.
- Pass the larger-than-life marble Kouros Statues that date back hundreds of years.
- Follow the path to Ano Potamia village. After a refreshing stop at a local spring, we’ll hike to Apano Kastro, or Upper Castle, to enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of the port of Naxos.
- End your hike in the picture-perfect village of Halki.
- Refuel with a traditional Greek lunch.
- After lunch, you’ll have the opportunity to visit Vallindras, a small distillery that produces Kitron, the local liquor of Naxos.
- Take included transportation back to our hotel in Naxos.
- The rest of the evening is yours to explore the town, visit nearby beaches, and to have dinner at a restaurant of your choice (not included).
Santorini Crater Hike
- After breakfast, wander the streets of the picturesque port of Naxos.
- Around midday, take a ferry to the most enchanting island of the Cyclades, Santorini.
- Arrive in port and take private transportation to our hotel on this spectacular volcanic island.
- Get situated to enjoy the nearby town and beach.
- Depart for Fira where we’ll hike 3-hours along Santorini’s volcanic crater to Oia.
- Take in the stunning views of the volcano, crater, and surrounding islands during the most rewarding hike of the trip.
- End the hike as the sun sets in Oia, Santorini’s most beautiful village.
- Enjoy dinner in the iconic coastal town.
Santorini Sunset Kayaking
- Today, you are free to create your own adventure on Greece’s most famous island.
- Santorini has so much to offer, so we suggest taking full advantage of this world-famous island.
- Check out the Akrotiri Archaeological Site, sail around the island, hike the volcano, or visit a local winery.
- In the evening we’ll meet at our hotel for our final activity together: sunset kayaking in Santorini.
- During the kayaking experience, visit Santorini’s red, white, and black beaches.
- Paddle along the south coast of the island and catch an epic Santorini sunset from sea.
- After our adventure, we’ll enjoy a farewell dinner together at a traditional Greek tavern.
- Say goodbye to your new friends and depart at any time of the day with instructions from your Trip Leader on how to take taxis, buses, or local transportation to the airport.
- Ask your Trip Leaders for suggestions if you choose to spend more time in Santorini.
- Keep in touch with your new friends at home in the Under30Experiences Community.