Welcome to Greece!
- Arrive at Athens International Airport (ATH) by 4:00 pm and take included transportation to your hotel in the heart of Athens.
- After settling in, take an orientation walk around the neighborhood and get to know your new friends.
- Enjoy your first dinner as a group at a traditional Greek tavern sampling some of the best cuisine in the world.
- Enjoy your first Greek breakfast in the heart of Athens with your fellow travelers.
- Meet with your professional Athens guide and partake in a walking tour where you’ll visit the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Adrian’s gate, the Panathinaiko Stadium, & more!
- After discovering the most important historical sights of this ancient city, refuel with some lunch at a traditional Greek restaurant.
- Enjoy some free time to visit the Acropolis Museum, explore the historic Plaka neighborhood, and roam Athens’ famous streets.
- Enjoy another authentic dinner at a Greek tavern.
- After dinner, grab a drink at a local bar or rest up before tomorrow’s early morning adventure.
Welcome to the Greek Islands!
- Have an early breakfast at your hotel.
- Take included transportation to the port of Athens to catch our ferry to the Cycladic Islands!
- Travel by ferry, like the locals, to Paros, the first stop on our Greek island adventure! (~4-hour ferry ride)
- Take included ground transportation to our hotel located minutes away from the beautiful center of Naoussa.
- After enjoying a traditional Greek lunch, we’ll head to one of the best beaches on the island.
- Relax on the beach or partake in several optional activities like windsurfing, kitesurfing, and stand up paddle boarding.
- Return to your hotel and take a trip into Naoussa.
- Naoussa is one of the most picturesque villages that Greece’s Cycladic islands have to offer.
- Get lost in the whitewashed alleyways and enjoy a picture-perfect sunset.
- Grab dinner at a fisherman’s tavern tucked among the beautiful Greek island villas.
Sunrise Horseback & Greek Cooking Class
- Wake up before the sun rises and take included transportation to a local horseback riding activity.
- Depart on a 2.5-hour horseback ride along Paros’ coastline.
- Arrive at the beach in time to catch the sunrise and swim with the horses.
- Return to your hotel for a late breakfast and an optional nap after an epic start to your day.
- The rest of the morning and afternoon is yours to create your own adventure.
- We recommend taking a stroll through Naoussa, enjoying one of the nearby beaches, and trying more of the local cuisine. Be sure to try moussaka, souvlaki, gyros, and baklava.
- We’ll meet at the hotel to drive to our private Greek cooking class.
- Learn how to cook some traditional delicacies like salads, grilled meats, and fresh seafood. As class comes to an end, enjoy the dinner we’ve prepared as a group.
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel and take a quick shuttle to Parikia.
- You’ll have some time to explore the town of Parikia and visit the famous Byzantine Church of Ekantotapiliani.
- Afterward, we’ll take the ferry from Paros to our second Cycladic Island--Naxos. (~ 1-hour ferry)
- Arrive in Naxos and take included transportation to your hotel.
- Drop off your bags and head to lunch along one of the best beaches on the island.
- Enjoy some time to lounge on the beach or try your hand at windsurfing, stand up paddle boarding, or kitesurfing.
- Walk over to Apollo’s Temple, Naxos’ most iconic monument. Enjoy a breathtaking sunset from the remains of this ancient ruin.
- Savor a traditional Greek dinner at a local tavern.
- After dinner, take a walking tour of Naxos and explore the old town by night.
Hiking & Cultural Day in Naxos
- Today’s hike starts after breakfast from the mountain town of Melanes.
- Hike for approximately 3 hours through some of the most picturesque villages and sights Naxos has to offer.
- Pass the larger-than-life marble Kouros Statues that date back hundreds of years.
- Follow the path to Ano Potamia village. After a refreshing stop at a local spring, we’ll hike to Apano Kastro, or Upper Castle, to enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of the port of Naxos.
- End your hike in the picture-perfect village of Halki.
- Refuel with a traditional Greek lunch.
- After lunch, you’ll have the opportunity to visit Valindras, a small distillery that produces Kitron, the local liquor of Naxos.
- Take included transportation back to our hotel in Naxos.
- The rest of the evening is yours to explore the town, visit nearby beaches, and to have dinner at a restaurant of your choice (not included).
Santorini Crater Hike
- After breakfast, wander the streets of the picturesque port of Naxos.
- Around midday, take a ferry to the most enchanting island of the Cyclades, Santorini.
- Arrive in port and take private transportation to our hotel on this spectacular volcanic island.
- Get situated to enjoy the nearby town and beach.
- Depart for Fira where we’ll hike 3-hours along Santorini’s volcanic crater to Oia.
- Take in the stunning views of the volcano, crater, and surrounding islands during the most rewarding hike of the trip.
- End the hike as the sun sets in Oia, Santorini’s most beautiful village.
- Enjoy dinner in the iconic coastal town.
Santorini Sunset Kayaking
- Today, you are free to create your own adventure on Greece’s most famous island.
- Santorini has so much to offer, so we suggest taking full advantage of this world-famous island.
- Check out the Akrotiri Archaeological Site, sail around the island, hike the volcano, or visit a local winery.
- In the evening we’ll meet at our hotel for our final activity together: sunset kayaking in Santorini.
- During the kayaking experience, visit Santorini’s red, white, and black beaches.
- Paddle along the south coast of the island and catch an epic Santorini sunset from sea.
- After our adventure, we’ll enjoy a farewell dinner together at a traditional Greek tavern.
- After breakfast, take an included flight back to Athens International Airport (ATH) to catch your international connection back home.
- Keep in touch with your new friends at home in the Under30Experiences Community.