- Arrive at Cusco's Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ) before 12:00 pm.
- Your Trip Leader will meet you at the airport. After meeting all our new friends, take included transportation to our accommodations in Cusco.
- Begin acclimating to the altitude, and take a warm up hike to San Cristobal neighborhood for incredible views of the city.
- Try some tasty delicacies like alpaca or guinea pig at a local lunch spot (not included).
- Have some time to relax and acclimate before we go out for dinner together.
- Enjoy a delicious Peruvian meal at our opening dinner in Cusco’s Plaza de Armas.
- Get to know the other like-minded travelers on the trip and begin to settle into Peru.
Sacred Valley Cultural Day
- Wake up in Cusco and enjoy breakfast right at your hotel.
- Take a private shuttle to our very own U30X community project above Cusco near a town called Chinchero.
- We’ll be hiking and doing some farm work, so wear comfortable shoes, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Have a farm to table experience, and chow down on lunch that was all grown within the community.
- After lunch, check out an impressive textile demonstration, and learn how the people in the Andes naturally dye and hand-weave their alpaca wool.
- Once you’ve had a chance to buy some of these incredible alpaca goods for yourself and for friends back home, take the shuttle to Ollantaytambo.
- You’ll have a chance to relax and pick up anything you’re missing before you repack your stuff for the Inca Trail.
- We’ll find a restaurant in this cozy Inca town for one last dinner before we hit the trail! (not included)
Begin the Inca Trail Hike
- Enjoy an early breakfast at the hotel, and fuel up for the hike.
- Take a shuttle from Ollantaytambo to km 82, the start of the Inca Trail.
- The first day of the Hike is relatively easy as you acclimate to the trail.
- You’ll pass by some small Andean communities and stop for a chance to enjoy the view of Patallacta Inca site before continuing to our lunch spot.
- After lunch, continue hiking for some hours, ascending until we arrive at our campsite at Wayllabamba.
- Have a delicious dinner at the campsite after our first day hiking this sacred trail.
Dead Woman's Pass
- Early morning breakfast at the campsite surrounded by beautiful Peruvian landscapes.
- We will start a steep ascent through the Valley of Huayllabamba towards the highest point of our journey--Dead Woman’s Pass at 13,779 ft or 4200 m.
- After a rest here, we’ll begin to make our way down to the lunch stop.
- After lunch, we have another summit to conquer. We’ll hike up a steep trail and then down until we reach our campsite.
- Throughout the day you'll have the opportunity to enjoy the views of the Andes Valley and the Inca site of Runcuracay.
- Relax at the campsite while our cooks prepare another delicious dinner for your group after a long day on the trail.
Inca Ruins & Cloud Forest
- Early wake up and breakfast at the campsite.
- Today we will climb to visit the archeological site of Phuyupatamarca for spectacular views of the mountains, canyons and surrounding areas.
- After the Inca site we'll continue walking down through the cloud forest and the impressive agricultural Inca site of Intipata as we make our way to our third campsite: Wiñay Wayna.
- Lunch at the campsite.
- Take an afternoon walk to the impressive Inca site of Wiñaywayna.
- Have a final dinner on the trail with your hiking buddies and the whole crew who helped you get to this point.
Arrive at Machu Picchu
- Wake up nice and early to get through Intipunku, the famous Sun Gate, before the crowds.
- Take in the incredible views of the Lost City of the Incas as you make your way down for a guided tour of this magical site.
- Have whatever you were craving on the trail for lunch as we re-enter civilization.
- Take a beautiful train journey through the Sacred Valley which offers both stunning views and the perfect opportunity for a nap.
- Regather everything you left behind in Ollantaytambo, and embark on another journey back to Cusco with more views and well deserved naps.
- Take a hard earned shower, and put on some clean clothes to relax before our final dinner together as a group
Relax & Depart Cusco
- Wake up for your final morning in Cusco, reflect upon your experiences as your eat breakfast with your new friends.
- Hotel checkout is at 9:00 am and for those of you that don’t extend your stay, transportation to the airport is included until 5:00 pm.
- Whether you’re staying in the Andes, or headed home, we wish you safe travels and a happy journey!
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast steps away from your hotel at a local cafe.
- Depart for a guided mountain bike adventure taking you from Queenstown city center, through the Queenstown gardens, and around Lake Wakatipu, before ending at beautiful Jack’s Point.
- This a laid-back bike ride on a mostly flat trail. The bikes also come with an electronic pedal assist option to get up those pesky hills even quicker. It's accessible for anyone who is up to the challenge!
- Soak in the views from your mountain bike as you stand beneath the jaw-dropping Remarkables Mountain Range and learn about the European and Maori cultural influence of the area from your local guide.
- Arrive back in Queenstown in the afternoon and take advantage of the rest of the day.
- Take a leap of faith off a bridge, go skydiving, or take an exhilarating jet-boat ride through Skippers Canyon.
- If you prefer less adrenaline in the afternoon, hike Bob’s Peak or play a game at Frisbee Park.
- After a full day of adventure, enjoy a final included dinner with your group where you can humbly brag about your day's adventure.
- Reflect about your time in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
- After dinner, enjoy Queenstown’s famed nightlife for a last night out with your Under30Experiences family.
- Have a final breakfast with your group before you fly back home. Don't forget to grab a few souvenirs to remember this incredible adventure.
For those staying later, we recommend taking an iconic day trip to Milford Sound where you’ll have a very early morning departure before making your way into the Fiordland National Park
- Airport transfers are included for your flight departing at anytime today.
- Thank you for being part of the Under30Experiences Community!