- The Under30Experiences team will meet you at the airport and after meeting all our new friends, we’ll take included transportation to our accommodations in Cusco
- Begin acclimating to the altitude, and take a warm up hike to San Cristobal neighborhood for incredible views of the city
- Try some tasty delicacies like alpaca or guinea pig at a local lunch spot (Not Included)
- Have some time to relax and acclimate before we go out for dinner together
- Enjoy a delicious Peruvian meal at our opening dinner in Cusco’s Plaza de Armas. Get to know the other like-minded travelers on the trip and begin to settle into Perú.
Sacred Valley Cultural Day
- Wake up in Cusco and enjoy breakfast right at your hotel
- Take a private shuttle to our very own U30X community project above Cusco, in a town called Chinchero
- We’ll be hiking and doing some farm work, so wear comfortable shoes, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Have a literal farm to table experience, and chow down on lunch that was all grown on the farm you worked on earlier in the morning
- After lunch, check out an awesome textile demonstration, and learn how the people in the andes naturally dye and hand-weave their alpaca wool
- Once you’ve had a chance to buy some of these incredible alpaca goods for yourself and for friends back home, take the shuttle to Ollantaytambo, the living Inca town
- You’ll have a chance to relax and pick up anything you’re missing before you repack your stuff for the Inca Trail
- We’ll find a restaurant in this cozy Inca town for one last dinner in modern civilization (Not Included)
Begin the Inca Trail
- Enjoy an early breakfast at the hotel, and fuel up for the hike
- Shuttle from Ollantaytambo to km 82, the start of the Inca Trail
- The first day of the Hike is relatively easy. We’ll pass by some small andean communities and stop for a chance to enjoy the view of Patallacta Inca site before continuing to our lunch spot.
- After lunch we continue hiking for some hours, ascending until we arrive at our campsite
Dead Woman's Pass
- Early wake up and breakfast
- We will start a steep ascent towards the highest point of our journey: The Dead Woman’s Pass 4200m (13779ft)
- After a rest here, we’ll begin to make our way down to the lunch stop
- After lunch we have another summit to conquer. We’ll hike up a steep trail up and then down until we reach our campsite, enjoying the views of the Andes Valley and the Inca site of Runcuracay.
- Early wake up and breakfast at the campsite
- Today we will climb to visit the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca for spectacular views of the mountains, canyons and surrounding areas.
- After the Inca site we continue walking down, through the cloud forest and the impressive agricultural Inca site of Intipata as we make our way to our third campsite: Wiñay Wayna.
- Lunch at the campsite
- Afternoon walk to the impressive Inca site of Wiñaywayna
- Last dinner on the trail with your new trail buddies and the whole crew who helped you get to this point
Arrive at Machu Picchu
- Wake up nice and early to get through Intipunku, the famous Sun Gate, before the crowds
- Take in the incredible views of the Lost City of the Incas as you make your way down for a guided tour of this magical site
- Have whatever you were craving on the trail for lunch as we re-enter civilization
- Take a beautiful train journey through the Sacred Valley which offers both stunning views and the perfect opportunity for a nap
- Regather everything you left behind in Ollantaytambo, and embark on a shuttle journey with more views and more naps
- Take a hard earned shower, and put on some clean clothes to relax a bit before our final dinner together as a group
Relax & Departure
- Wake up for your final morning in Cusco, reflect upon your experiences as your eat breakfast with your new friends
- Hotel checkout is at 9:00AM and for those of you that don’t extend your stay, transportation to the airport is included until 5:00 PM
- Whether you’re staying in the Andes, or headed home, we wish you safe travels and a happy journey!!