Arrival in Costa Rica
- Arrive at San Jose's Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) before 1:00 pm.
- Your Trip Leader will pick you up from the airport, and we’ll head to the rainforest! (~3.5 hour drive).
- If you are prone to motion sickness we suggest taking any medication before the drive. It’s a beautiful and winding drive through the mountains of Costa Rica.
- Stop for souvenirs and snacks in Los Angeles Cloud Forest as you marvel at all the green and lush mountains around you.
- Visit a local farm where you'll learn about sugar cane, taste fresh fruits, and enjoy your first homemade Costa Rican dinner prepared with organic ingredients.
- Settle into your amazing rooms surrounded by nature and get ready to meet your new friends as you enjoy your first delicious dinner at the eco-lodge
Eco-Lodge Tour & Adventure
- Enjoy your first amazing breakfast at the eco-lodge, fresh coffee, organic vegetables and homemade breads await for you.
- After breakfast, hike around the Ranch or fly through the tree tops at one of the World’s best zip-lining tours in Costa Rica. Zip-lining is optional and not included.
- After a nice morning walking around the property, enjoy a tasty lunch at the eco-lodge made with the vegetables produced at the farm.
- Explore the grounds on a tour of the eco-lodge. Learn about the organic farm and the use of sustainable sources of energy and good ecological practices while taking in the views of the mountains.
- Enjoy another wonderful dinner at the eco-lodge while listening to the sounds of nature at night.
- Take the evening to get to know your new friends while enjoying a nice tropical drink under the stars.
- Start the day with new energy provided by the lush forests of Costa Rica and enjoy another tasty breakfast at the eco-lodge.
- Depart to La Fortuna to enjoy more outdoor activities. "La Fortuna" is Spanish for "The Fortune" and was named for the town's fertile lands.
- Visit the local waterfall in the middle of the rainforest, a local spot where you can freshen up into a natural pool.
- Get a local and delicious lunch called a “casado” while exploring La Fortuna and try a delicious fruit ice cream.
- Spend your last afternoon soaking up at the hot springs, warmed naturally at Termalitas del Volcan and let your muscles relax after a few days filled with incredible adventures (optional activity).
- After a full day of activities, enjoy another wonderful dinner at the eco-lodge and get ready for another day of adventures out in the wild.
- Enjoy the hammock in your bungalow and rest while taking in the surrounding landscape.
- Enjoy a delightful breakfast at the eco-lodge, get the feel for the true Costa Rican morning flavors with a nice coffee and a plate of tropical fruits.
- Spend the morning hiking various trails on the property or choose from the following optional adventures: white water rafting, kayaking in Lake Arenal or enjoy a relaxing yet adventurous horseback riding tour around the farmlands.
- After lunch, opt for a hike to the Arenal Observatory in search for monkeys, toucans, and other wild animals (optional activity) or relax at the hotel.
- Tonight enjoy the closing dinner at the eco-lodge with your new friends where you will all share your best moments of the adventure.
- Optional night out in La Fortuna to finish your amazing trip with a high note, full of Latin music and cocktails (transportation not included).
Depart to the Beach
- One more amazing breakfast at the eco-lodge before you head towards Costa Rica's world-famous beaches.
- Begin your drive to Manuel Antonio, where you'll find some of the best beaches that Costa Rica has to offer. (~5-hour drive)
- Enjoy your lunch overlooking one of the coolest black sand beaches in the country.
- Make a quick stop at Rio Tarcoles where you can see groups of Costa Rican Crocodiles. These crocs can reach lengths of up to 12 feet!
- Arrive at Playa Hermosa. A beautiful black sand beach recognized as having one of the most consistent surf breaks in the world.
- Soak in your first sunset in Costa Rica. Remember to bring your bathing suit!
- Depart for our boutique hotel in Manuel Antonio (~1 hour drive).
- After getting settled in, it's up to you whether you want to relax or hit the town.
Waterfalls and Costa Rican Culture
- Have a delicious Costa Rican breakfast.
- For those craving an even further off-the-beaten-path activity, you can spend your day hiking to epic hidden waterfalls in Quepos. Even the drive will be an adventure as we traverse through little known dirt roads.
- Take the local bus to Quepos to explore the fishing town and learn about Ticos daily life.
- Relax on the promenade with a perfect view of the sun setting over the ocean.
- Enjoy dinner in town and have an optional night out on the town with your new friends.
Explore + Beach + Adventure
- Enjoy an authentic Costa Rican breakfast right at your hotel.
- Optional morning of adventure rappelling waterfalls, crossing hanging bridges and climbing trees.
- Relax at the local beach with your group and soak in the tropical views of Costa Rica.
- Sip on a coconut cut straight from the tree as you enjoy these special moments in paradise.
- Enjoy a Costa Rican dinner at our boutique hotel.
- Optional night out and salsa lessons. ($10 per person + transportation)
El Cocal Community Cooking Experience
- Immerse yourself in the local community of El Cocal by learning how to cook a delicious Costa Rican meal.
- Learn about Costa Rican culture and traditions from local friends.
- Have lunch in El Cocal with your new friends.
- Enjoy local music and dancing with the community.
- Head to the beach for an optional surf lesson (not included).
- Learn how to surf from some of Costa Rica’s best surf instructors on one of Costa Rica's best beaches (depending on the tide).
- Enjoy the last dinner out at Manuel Antonio.
- Optional night out or star gazing.
Relaxation & Departure
- Enjoy one final breakfast in paradise with your group of friends before departing to the airport to catch your flight back home.
- Be sure your flight departs after 1:30 pm. Transportation is provided back to Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO).
- We look forward to welcoming you into our close-knit Travel Community.