Explore US National Parks and Find Your Zen with Under30Experiences Trip Leader Jill Johnson
Jill Johnson grew up in North Jersey and began camping with her parents before she could walk. After receiving her Master’s in Special Education she moved to California and explored all it has to offer: deserts, sequoias, mountains, beaches, valleys and SUNSETS.
Jill has since backpacked Central America and the Pacific Northwest along with various other national parks. If you don’t find her in the forest she will likely be swimming in the ocean, stretched on a yoga mat, or snuggling with her own, or random strangers’ dogs. She is always ready for the next adventure and her glass is always overflowing with plenty to share! You can find her all season as a Trip Leader on Under30Experiences US National Parks Camping and Hiking Trips.
In this episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast I discuss with Jill Johnson:
- Why does she love cows so much?!
- How did she fall in love with the outdoors? What did her parents do with her growing up?
- What does Jill pay attention to when she is spending time in nature? And what can people at home sense?
- What are some of Jill’s favorite books related to the outdoors and nature?
- How to leave the distractions of modern life behind when people are in nature?
- How can people learn to appreciate nature more?
- How did Jill get into yoga and meditation?
- How can people bring the practice of yoga into their life, even if they don’t have time to roll out their yoga mat?
- How unimportant we all are, but also how beautiful and grandiose we all are...
- When did Jill start traveling as a solo traveler?
- How Half Dome in Yosemite National Park changed Jill’s life?
- Where did Jill do her yoga teacher training in Thailand?
-The island was Koh Phangan of Koh Pha-Ngan and the retreat center was Samma Karuna
- What are Jill’s travel plans for the summer?
Resources from Jill Johnson:
- You Are Here by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Wherever You Go There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
- Free Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course based on Jon Kabat-Zinn’s work at MIT, Matt has taken
- Matt’s episode with Joe K the Co-founder of Hurley and Billabong
- Follow Jill on Instagram @jilllovescows
You can find all the links and past show notes on millennialtravelpodcast.com
Direct support for The Millennial Travel Podcast comes from The Millennial Travel Guidebook: Escape More, Spend Less, & Make Travel a Priority in Your Life.
Looking for more great content? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Solo Travel.